Saturday, July 26, 2008

Last Weekend Before Retirement

Having worked for a living for the last 45 years, always in the field of health care, contemplating the sudden sea change in my life and life style is difficult to comprehend.  Although we all work for this day, or at least claim that retirement is our eventual goal, mine has come about 5 to 10 years sooner than I had planned.  One must however play with the cards one is dealt.
August 1, 2008 is the date, and the next stage of my life begins on that date, with testing and decisions as to how to treat the condition which has brought me to this shortened work life.
Hopefully all will go well, but being in the medical field,  I know that life does not always work out as one would hope.  If all goes well, retirment will be about 5 - 10 years longer than previously planned.
Please stay tuned for the adventure.

J. L. Kane, M.D., J.D.

No comments: